Thursday 22 May 2014

Don't Worship based on man's tradition

“…Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?” 
Matthew 15:3(KJV)

In my study of worship, I discovered that you do not come to a king on your own terms, you come to a king on his own terms. Jesus asked the Jews in our opening scripture, “…Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?”

What is a commandment? A commandment is a non negotiable obligation. So we can deduce from the question that Jesus asked the Jews that they trivialized the Word of God to obey their tradition.

For instance, when the Lord spoke to me to start taking communion every Sunday in church.  I said to Him, “Lord I don't see any church taking communion every Sunday apart from the Catholic Church.” And I said, “okay I will obey for one month.” So, after we took communion consistently every Sunday for one month, the next month I asked the Lord to show me from the Bible why we should be taking communion everyday, and I also did a study of church history to see if they took communion every Sunday. Why did I require all these confirmations? It was because the tradition in the church I grew up in at that time; communion was taken  once a year.

Then the Lord showed me from the Bible why we should take communion every Sunday from Acts 2:42-47, Acts 20:7, and Luke 24:30 where Jesus took communion with some disciples on Sunday. When I discovered these things from the Bible and from Church history where I discovered they received communion every Sunday, I was convinced that every Sunday we should be taking communion. That has been our practice till this day.

PRAYER
Dear Father I ask that you expose every seed of falsehood that has entered into my belief system that is contrary to the Bible way to worship you in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read: 
1 Corinthians 11:23-26,  Luke 22:19-20.

DOING THE WORD
Take communion often.


0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION