Thursday 22 May 2014

Listen for God's voice.

“O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.”               
Psalm 95:6(KJV)

Child of God it is important for you to understand that you don't worship God on your terms, you worship God on His terms. Our opening scripture shows us how saying, “O come, let us worship and bow down…” This means that when you worship the Father, do not only bow down physically, it is also important you bow down in your heart, in other words, give the Lord your whole focus.

Why should we give Him our whole focus as we worship, the Bible gives us the answer in Psalm 95:7, “For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,” This shows us that if you worship God the right way, giving Him your whole focus, you will hear His voice. He will speak to you.

This is what I have experienced in my own life, for instance I got my calling from God during a time of worship on the 5th of April 1996 while attending a camp meeting, the Man of God was singing songs in worship to the Lord, and I was also worshipping with all my heart, then the Lord spoke to me, “Preach the full message of this new life  Acts 5:20(NIV)” Another defining moment in my life was on December 1st 2002,  I was watching Pastor Benny Hinn worship, and the Lord spoke to me saying, “The hunger of a generation is on you.” On another occasion again during the time of worship, the Lord said to me, “Go with the presence of my Spirit and demonstrate the Power of my Spirit.”

Therefore, the next time you have an opportunity to worship, worship with all your heart and then listen for God's voice because He will speak to you.

PRAYER
Dear Father I ask that as I minister unto you today and pray, I thank you for my ears is anointed to hear, and my heart is anointed to receive your Word to me in Jesus Name. Amen.    

For further study read: 
2 Kings 3:15-16, Acts 13:2-3, Isaiah 55:3.

DOING THE WORD
Be focused to hear a specific word from God for you today even as you go for service.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION