Thursday 22 May 2014

You don't own yourself.

“You know that your body is a sanctuary of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God, don't you? You do not belong to yourselves,” 
1 Corinthians 6:19(ISV)

Do you know that from the day you got born again, you cease being yours? Since you do not own yourself anymore, you've lost the right to live the way you want to live. You can no longer live carelessly as a child of God anymore because you are not your own.

I Corinthians 6:20 says, “For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.” This shows you that your body belongs to God. If your body belongs to God, it means that your feet, your hands, your eyes, your mouth, and every other part of your body belongs to God and should only be used for His glory.

When you have this understanding, you will better understand why stealing with your hands is an offence. This is because you are using His hands to do what He does not want it to do. You would also understand why watching the wrong kind of movies is also an offence because your eyes are not yours they belong to God. I encourage you to live with this understanding and glorify God in your body and in your spirit which are God's. See 1 Corinthians 6:15-18

CONFESSION
 I choose to be conscious of the Holy Spirit, and I surrender my whole being to Him to be a living sacrifice pure and holy as my reasonable service. My spirit, my soul and my body belongs to God in Jesus Name.

For further study read: 
1 Peter 1:16-19, Revelations 5:9,
1 Corinthians 10:31, Romans 6:17-19.

DOING THE WORD
Only practice what Jesus would do with your body it belongs to God not to you.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION