Thursday 22 May 2014

Worship releases honour.

“… but now the LORD saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.” 
1 Samuel 2:30(KJV)

Worship means to highly regard a person, a place or a thing. Worship gives honour to the object of worship. The Lord said plainly to His people, “… for them that honour me I will honour, …” this reveals to us that every worshipper will surely receive honour from the Father.

When Abraham worshipped God in offering to God his one and only son, the Lord said to Him in Genesis 22:12, “…for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.” Then the Lord said to him again in Genesis 22:16-18, “By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.”

Therefore, I encourage you today to guide your life with the principles of true worship and you will surely receive honour from the Lord just like David.

PRAYER
Dear Father, in the Name of Jesus I surrender my heart, all that I have, and all that is within me to always bring you honour and glory. Amen

For further study read: 
Psalm 91:14, John 5:44, John 12:26, 1 Samuel 13:14,
1 Chronicles 28:4.

DOING THE WORD
Seek only the honour that comes from the Father and not the honour from men.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION