Tuesday 27 May 2014

Keep the Word in your mouth

“This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.” 
Joshua 1:8(KJV)

In our opening scripture today, God told Joshua “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth…” in other words, God was telling him to read the Word to himself. God wanted Joshua to keep the Word of God in His mouth. Why is this important? The Bible says in the second part of that verse “… for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.”

Also, in Deuteronomy 11:19(MSG) God instructed the children of Israel to talk about the Word of God twenty-four hours a day and also to teach it to their children saying, “Teach them to your children. Talk about them wherever you are, sitting at home or walking in the street; talk about them from the time you get up in the morning until you fall into bed at night.” In Deuteronomy 11:21(MSG), we see the benefit of speaking the Word always, the Bible says,  “… you'll live a long time, and your children with you, on the soil that GOD promised to give your ancestors for as long as there is a sky over the Earth.”

In Isaiah 59:21(MSG) the Bible says, “"As for me," GOD says, "this is my covenant with them: My Spirit that I've placed upon you and the words that I've given you to speak, they're not going to leave your mouths nor the mouths of your children nor the mouths of your grandchildren. You will keep repeating these words and won't ever stop." GOD's orders.”

Therefore, don't get tired of speaking the Word of God to yourself, about your family and all that has to do with you. Praise God.

CONFESSION
I believe and therefore have I spoken: Jesus is Lord of my life. I dwell in God and He dwells in me. Greater is He that's in me than He that's in the world. I am like a tree planted by the rivers of water, I bring forth my fruits in season and whatsoever I do shall prosper. With long life has He satisfied me and showed me His salvation in Jesus Name.

For further study read:
Psalm 1:1-3, Psalm 119:15,97,99, Ephesians 4:29, Romans 10:8-10.

DOING THE WORD
Keep speaking God's Word concerning you and all that has to do with you.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION