Thursday 22 May 2014

Total surrender.

“So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life--your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life--and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him.”              
Romans 12:1(MSG) 


Worship begins with dedication. There must be an heartfelt dedication to God on your part. Psalm 95:6-8 says, “O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker. For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your heart, …”

Therefore to be a worshipper, you must be sold out to God. The first thing you have to offer to God as a worshipper is yourself, that is your 'spiritual act of worship.' In Matthew 15:8, Jesus said to the scribes and Pharisees, “This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.” This again shows us that worship goes beyound singing, your heart must be surrenderd to God. Remember what satan said to Jesus in Matthew 4:9(ALT), “"…All these I will give to You, if having fallen down, You prostrate Yourself in worship before me."” Notice he didn't tell Jesus to bow down and sing, instead he said, “…prostrate Yourself in worship before me.” All he wanted was for Jesus to bow to him in surrender.

Now the question I will like to ask you today is this: have you totally surrendered all to Jesus? Who you are, what you have; your body, your mind and your emotions, have you completely given them over to Jesus as an offering? That is where true worship begins from.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for by your grace helping me, I will live conscious of my consecration to you in my everyday life and the fulfilment of your perfect will for my life in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read: 
Ezekiel 33:31, 2 Corinthians 8:5, Philippians 1:20, Romans 6:19.

DOING THE WORD
 Acknowledge God in all that you do. We live by His grace.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION