Thursday 22 May 2014

True worship.

“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.” 
Romans 12:1(KJV)


The New International Version(NIV), translates Romans 12:1 thus: “Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your body as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God- this is your true and proper worship.”

This shows us that worship begins with a personal dedication to God. So if you are truly a worshipper, you will be someone who is willing to deny himself or herself for God's glory and for God's cause. If you are not, you are not a worshipper, you are just offering lip service. This is why today there are many singers but only a few worshippers.

The question I will like to ask you today is this: have you dedicated yourself to God? Are you willing to deny yourself for God's glory and for God's cause? That is where worship begins from. I am a worshipper and I have dedicated myself to God. I am always willing to deny myself for God's glory and for God's cause. That is one of the reasons for the results I get in ministry.

I have completely given myself to the Lord. That is the context you are to understand worship, and until you understand worship that way, you will not be a true worshipper.

PRAYER
Dear Father I completely surrender myself to you for your glory. I offer my heart, my body, all my abilities and all my resources to you, to be used for your glory and the furtherance of your kingdom on earth in Jesus Name. Amen.  

For further study read: 
1 Corinthians 5:7-8, Hebrews 10:21-22, Hebrews 13:16, 1 Peter 2:5.

DOING THE WORD
Whatever God tells you to do or whatever is impressed in your heart to do for the furtherance of the kingdom, please do it. Don't hold back anymore.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION