Tuesday 20 May 2014

Jesus is Lord.

Jesus spoke these things. And He lifted up His eyes to heaven and said, "Father, the hour has come: glorify Your Son, so that Your Son shall also glorify You. "Just as You gave to Him authority [over] all flesh,” 
John 17:1-2(ALT)  

Today from our opening scripture, we see that the Father gave Jesus all authority over all flesh. This is why the Bible says in Philippians 2:11, “And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” The word Lord in the verse you just read is from the Greek word 'kurios' meaning, an owner; referring to the Lord of the estate, it also refers to the sovereign or one who has complete authority.

Therefore, when you confess that Jesus is your Lord, you are declaring that Jesus is your owner, having complete authority over you. This is why your confession of the Lordship of Jesus over your life at the point of salvation is what unlocks your salvation. The Bible says in Romans 10:9-10 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”

So if you are yet to acknowledge Jesus as the Lord of your life, you cannot be saved. So I  encourage you today to pray the prayer of salvation on page 65 to submit yourself to authority and Lordship of Jesus Christ.

Confession.
I believe with my heart and I declare with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord. Because of my faith in Jesus Christ, I declare that I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, I am free from the law of sin and death. I have received abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness therefore I reign in this life by Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.

For further study read: 
John 3:35, John 5:26-29, Philippians 2:10,
Hebrews 1:2

Doing the Word
Please pray the salvation prayer on page 65 if you are not yet born again.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION