Thursday 22 May 2014

Hold no offence 1

“Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.” 
Matthew 5:23-24(KJV)    

In our opening scripture, Jesus shows us a very simple principle that will help us receive a harvest to our seed every time we sow. Jesus said that if you are going to sow a seed, and you remember that you are holding an offence against your brother, leave your seed there and go and reconcile with your brother, then come and sow your seed.

Yet, as simple as this instruction is from Jesus, some Christians would rather prefer to sow their seed with offence in their hearts at the same time. Yet they complain they did not receive any harvest after they gave. The reason why there is no harvest is because your heart is not a good ground because of the bitterness and the resentment you are holding against others.

This is the reason why some seeds does not produce any  harvest because they are sown with bitterness and resentment.

This is why I do not keep any offence in my heart, because I know that if I want my seed to work, and I want my praise and worship to work, and I want my prayers to work, I must not hold strife against my wife. Therefore, my worship to God in church will not count if my life is not in conformity to the Word of God.

PRAYER
 Dear Father in obedience to your Word today, I let go of all offence, strife and resentment in my heart against all who have wronged me in Jesus Name. Amen.

For further study read:
Mark 12:33, James 3:13-18, James 5:16, 1 Peter 3:7-9.

DOING THE WORD
Be willing to forgive.

0 comments:

Follow us on twitter

NEW VISION